The mission of Joseph House is to meet the needs of military veterans and their families affected by addiction within the Greater Cincinnati region; providing counseling, education and support to help clients recover, reintegrate and thrive in the community while maintaining a healthy, sustainable lifestyle.
Insurance and payment options are accepted. You can learn more about our services below.
Joseph House provides clients with a safe and sober residential living environment for up to three months or upon completion of program. During that time, clients receive:
- A minimum of 10 hours of direct services each week, including:
- Individual and group counseling (dual diagnosis counseling is available)
- Substance abuse education
- Case management services
- Early recovery treatment and support designed to help:
- Achieve and maintain mental, emotional and physical stability
- Coordinate medical and court appointments (referrals provided as needed)
- Encourage and facilitate a 12-step recovery program
- Moral Reconation Therapy (MRT) is a type of behavioral therapy aimed to decrease substance abuse by improving moral reasoning and positive identity.
- A range of specialized and activities-based therapy proven to reduce stress and increase restorative health benefits, including:
- 12-step sobriety programs
- Anger management
- Art therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Equine therapy
- Narcotics Anonymous (NA) and Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) meetings
- Relapse prevention
* Due to infrastructure and building accommodations, participation in the inpatient/residential program is only available to male veterans at this time.
The outpatient program is available to clients upon completion of the inpatient/residential program, IOP, to male or female veterans who live in independent housing and commute to Joseph House for meetings and groups and/or family members of veterans in recovery.
Clients in the outpatient program learn strategies to help maintain sobriety through resources including Matrix model relapse prevention classes, sponsor-supported 12-step recovery meetings, individual counseling, dual diagnosis counseling, Moral Reconation Therapy (MRT), relationships and/or family counseling and sober living skills development.
Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
We currently offer an Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) within the Joseph House program. Our IOP is the newest of our programs and provides a 12-week outpatient program. It is held on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 12:30 p.m. – 3:45 p.m. It is a Hazelden-based curriculum called “Living in Balance,” which helps our veterans, and/or their family members in recovery, move from a life of addiction to one of recovery. This program currently accepts Ohio Medicaid only.
Ready & Forward Aftercare Program
Outpatient clients can transition to our Ready & Forward Aftercare program to pave the way for reintegration into the community while maintaining independence and sobriety. Licensed clinical counselors offer the following customized solutions to maximize long-term success:
- Sustaining sobriety:
- Sober living skills development and relapse prevention training
- Ongoing 12-step recovery support
- Family and friends group therapy
- Reintegration into the community:
- Case management services, financial planning, housing, employment and/or school assistance
- Relationship counseling and conflict resolution training
- Trauma and grief counseling
- Recreational activity development
- Anger and stress management
Family & Friends Support Program
This initiative is designed to give the families of veterans who are struggling with the addiction the tools they need to support healthy and sober lives. Topics include:
- What is Addiction?
- What Makes Addiction a Family Disease?
- Roles and Rules in a Family with Addiction
- Taking Care of Yourself While Your Loved One is in Recovery
- Family Healing from Addiction
If your family and/or friends complete this four-week program, they will receive a Joseph House goodie bag, including a Joseph House pen, note pad, post-its, Al-Anon One Day at a Time devotional and a Visa gift card!
Learn more about our services and programs by calling the Joseph House: (513) 241-2965.
For inpatient/residential referral, call the Central Access Point Line: (513) 381-SAFE (7233).
For inquiries specific to the IOP, Outpatient, Ready & Forward Aftercare and/or Family & Friends Support programs, please contact Brian Owens: (513) 241-2965 ext. 126 or firstname.lastname@example.org.